Comprehensive home buyer reports
Most surveyors and solicitors will advise their clients to have the gas and plumbing installations tested prior to purchasing a property. This will not only help the buyer make an informed decision, but if any defects are discovered the purchaser can be aware of the estimated cost of putting it right.
PGS plumbing and gas engineers are qualified to carry out gas safety inspections and certification for home owners and prospective purchasers.
Call for info & bookings: 0203 674 1686
The procedure and certification for testing the gas appliances is in the same statutory form as is used for landlord's certification, and includes inspection of all gas appliances, meter and visible pipework to confirm compliance with regulations and safe operation.
We will also check the property's plumbing pipework and installations so that we can advise you of any pre-existing or potential problems.
The home buyers report will detail:
- The date the appliances were examined
- Description and location of the appliances and flues
- Recognition of and recording of any defects
- An honest and independent assessment of the state of the gas appliances and plumbing installations
- The estimated cost of rectifying any defects
- Recommendations for work currently required and anticipated to be required in the future
We will also carry out an official gas safety inspection and the following gas safety tests will be carried out to check that an appliance is safe to use:
- Appliance operating pressure or heat input, or where necessary both
- Correct operation of safety devices
- Ensure adequate ventilation is available where required
- Visual examination of the flue system
- Where applicable, results of a flue flow test
- Where applicable, results of a spillage test
- Ensure flue termination is satisfactory
- Check the appliance meets current standard
Your home buyers report will be emailed to you together will a digitally generated gas safety certificate.
For more information, or to arrange a visit from a qualified PGS plumbing and gas engineer, call us today.
free advice & quotes
Enter your details below
and we will call you back.
|“I've used your services and had Adrian do a blinding job both times. Thanks.”
Mr Welling, KT15
|“Please extend my gratitude to your engineers, their professionalism is immensely appreciated”
Mr Mburaburirwe, TW13
|“Is there a 'Tripadvisor' for plumbing & heating jobs so that I can tell the world just how good PGS is?”
|“We would not hesitate to speak highly of PGS if someone asked for our opinion.”
|“We have always found PGS to be very helpful, reliable, flexible with arrangements.”
Linda, Gibson Lane
|“Extremely reliable and honest, would definitely use again.”
Dan, Thames Ditton